Gallatin undergraduate students may request a grade of P/F for courses that are normally graded with letter grades (A through F). Students can file a pass/fail option for most Gallatin courses as well as most courses taken at other schools within the University. Students are permitted to take one course per full-time academic year (32 units) on a pass/fail basis, a total of four times during his/her academic career.
The following courses are NOT ELIGIBILE for the pass/fail option; students must receive a letter grade (A-F) for all of these courses.
- The Gallatin First-Year Interdisciplinary Seminar
- The Gallatin First-Year Research Seminar
- The Gallatin New Student Research Seminar
- The Gallatin Senior Project
- Courses used to fulfill the Gallatin liberal arts and historical and cultural requirements
- Gallatin travel courses (with the prefix TRAVL-UG, TRAVL-GG)
- Language courses taught in fall or spring semesters at NYU Study Abroad sites. (The pass/fail option is permitted for language courses taught in summer sessions at NYU sites abroad.)