Due Date: October 16, 2017
The Urban Democracy Lab’s Student Advisory Board comprises Gallatin undergraduate and graduate students who are committed to social justice and hope to gain experience meeting and working with dedicated urban scholars and practitioners. We value collaboration, interdisciplinarity, sustainability, and critical approaches to both urban problems and urban problem-solving. Our primary goals for the Board are to more fully respond to the fresh ideas percolating among students at NYU and to involve interested students in the Lab’s lively, global community.
Why apply to be a member of the Student Advisory Board?
Members of the Lab’s Student Advisory Board are both ambassadors for the Lab and beneficiaries of the global network we continue to build. We will rely on you to keep us relevant to NYU’s student body and to advise us on avenues for growth. Here are the benefits:
- You will be the first to hear of opportunities to work with community organizations with which we partner.
- You will be able to join for post-event, private dinners with the panelists who speak at our events.
- Finally, you will have the chance to work with the Lab’s staff to organize entirely student-run events during the academic year.
Here’s what we require in return:
- You will need to attend all Board meetings;
- You will need to attend as many Urban Democracy Lab events as fit your schedule;
- You will need to participate fully in the conceptualization and execution of events you as a group sponsor;
- Spread the word about our projects and programs through social media; and,
- Write a minimum of two blog posts for us per semester.
If you are interested in being part of the Student Advisory Board, please fill out the application below.