Graduate Request for Transfer Credit

This form should be used only to request transfer credit earned prior to matriculation in Gallatin. Once at Gallatin, students must complete the External Study Request Form to request credit completed after your enrollment at Gallatin.

Policy on Transfer Credit

Graduate students may be granted up to a combined total of 12 units in transfer, course equivalency, and approved external study credit. Courses must have been taken at the graduate level and be equivalent to those offered by the graduate divisions of New York University, consistent with the student’s program of study in the Gallatin School, completed with a grade of B or better, not applied to another degree, and earned in the classroom. Transfer credit will only be accepted from accredited colleges and universities. Credits over 10 years old are not transferable. If the credits you are requesting are from an international university, you may be required to submit an official evaluation of your coursework from WES (World Education Services), or an equivalent accrediting agency that is a member of NACES, the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (

Instructions for Requesting Transfer Credit

Please upload a copy of your transcript using the button below. If you are unable to do so, you may have a copy sent to:

Gallatin School of Individualized Study
New York University
1 Washington Place 8th floor
New York, NY 10003
Attn: John Bradley

Please include a statement with your submission explaining how this course(s) contributes to your concentration at Gallatin. If you have any questions about how to submit the form, please contact John Bradley at

Class 1
Class 2
Class 3
Class 4
More information
  • Files must be less than 2 MB.
  • Allowed file types: gif jpg jpeg png pdf.

For people in the EU, see information on your privacy rights under GDPR.