* - Select - First-year Sophomore Junior Senior Graduate
* - Select - Embedded Regular
Is this the first time you are registering for a credit-bearing internship through Gallatin?
* - Select - Yes No Adviser Information
Course Instructor Information
The course instructor supervises and grades Embedded internships
Semester of Registration
* - Select - Fall Winter/January Spring Summer
Year of Registration
* - Select - 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024
Number of Units
* - Select - 1 2 3 4
Location of Internship
* - Select - Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick New Foundland Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon Territory Alabama Alaska American Samoa Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Guam Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Marshall Islands Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Northern Marianas Islands Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Palau Pennsylvania Puerto Rico Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virgin Islands Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
Indicate the Organization's Main Industry
* - Select - Architecture Arts (Dance, Theater, Music, Visual Art) Education Environment Fashion Film/TV Finance Food Health Services International Development IT Law Management Consulting Marketing Media (Digital) Media (Print) Music Public Relations Publishing Real Estate Religion Social Justice Social Services Other
Job Function (e.g. program assistant, editing assistant, data input, coordinator, lab research, etc.)
Name of Organization
- None - Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick New Foundland Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon Territory Alabama Alaska American Samoa Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Guam Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Marshall Islands Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Northern Marianas Islands Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Palau Pennsylvania Puerto Rico Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virgin Islands Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
- None - Afghanistan Aland Islands Albania Algeria American Samoa Andorra Angola Anguilla Antarctica Antigua and Barbuda Argentina Armenia Aruba Australia Austria Azerbaijan Bahamas Bahrain Bangladesh Barbados Belarus Belgium Belize Benin Bermuda Bhutan Bolivia Bosnia and Herzegovina Botswana Bouvet Island Brazil British Indian Ocean Territory British Virgin Islands Brunei Bulgaria Burkina Faso Burundi Cambodia Cameroon Canada Cape Verde Caribbean Netherlands Cayman Islands Central African Republic Chad Chile China Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Islands Colombia Comoros Congo (Brazzaville) Congo (Kinshasa) Cook Islands Costa Rica Croatia Cuba Curaçao Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Djibouti Dominica Dominican Republic Ecuador Egypt El Salvador Equatorial Guinea Eritrea Estonia Ethiopia Falkland Islands Faroe Islands Fiji Finland France French Guiana French Polynesia French Southern Territories Gabon Gambia Georgia Germany Ghana Gibraltar Greece Greenland Grenada Guadeloupe Guam Guatemala Guernsey Guinea Guinea-Bissau Guyana Haiti Heard Island and McDonald Islands Honduras Hong Kong S.A.R., China Hungary Iceland India Indonesia Iran Iraq Ireland Isle of Man Israel Italy Ivory Coast Jamaica Japan Jersey Jordan Kazakhstan Kenya Kiribati Kuwait Kyrgyzstan Laos Latvia Lebanon Lesotho Liberia Libya Liechtenstein Lithuania Luxembourg Macao S.A.R., China Macedonia Madagascar Malawi Malaysia Maldives Mali Malta Marshall Islands Martinique Mauritania Mauritius Mayotte Mexico Micronesia Moldova Monaco Mongolia Montenegro Montserrat Morocco Mozambique Myanmar Namibia Nauru Nepal Netherlands Netherlands Antilles New Caledonia New Zealand Nicaragua Niger Nigeria Niue Norfolk Island Northern Mariana Islands North Korea Norway Oman Pakistan Palau Palestinian Territory Panama Papua New Guinea Paraguay Peru Philippines Pitcairn Poland Portugal Puerto Rico Qatar Reunion Romania Russia Rwanda Saint Barthélemy Saint Helena Saint Kitts and Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Martin (French part) Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Samoa San Marino Sao Tome and Principe Saudi Arabia Senegal Serbia Seychelles Sierra Leone Singapore Sint Maarten Slovakia Slovenia Solomon Islands Somalia South Africa South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands South Korea South Sudan Spain Sri Lanka Sudan Suriname Svalbard and Jan Mayen Swaziland Sweden Switzerland Syria Taiwan Tajikistan Tanzania Thailand Timor-Leste Togo Tokelau Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Tunisia Turkey Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu U.S. Virgin Islands Uganda Ukraine United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States United States Minor Outlying Islands Uruguay Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vatican Venezuela Vietnam Wallis and Futuna Western Sahara Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
Supervisor First Name
Supervisor Last Name
* Internship Description
Briefly describe the company or organization and what it does
Give a description of the internship position for which you are applying
How would you describe your interest in or qualifications for this internship? More specifically, do you have a particular interest in this field from your studies or did something else spark your interest?
To what extent does your internship fall into one or more of the following internship categories?
: Internships of this type have the primary purpose of introducing students to a particular industry, making professional connections, engaging in Industry Focused observerships*, and exploring a field. Student can enroll for 1-4 units, depending on requirements the faculty adviser and student determine; graded P/F.
are typically practiced in the performing arts in which the internship takes the form of an experience that engages the student in participant-observation work and provides access to controlled spaces in the field, such as the rehearsal room, casting office, or board room. These experiences provide opportunities to study the creative process as well as other activities by observing or assisting advanced practitioners. Students should work closely with their advisers to design the research questions framing their observation. *Observerships
: These types of internships are geared toward learning through community service; students provide service for non-profits, NGOs, or other public institutions; these internships are closely linked to the student’s academic interests at Gallatin. Student can enroll for 1-4 units, depending on requirements the faculty adviser and student determine; graded P/F.
: These internships are integrally linked to a particular course at Gallatin. The course instructor and the Internship Program design these internships. Embedded internships have specific learning objectives that are related to course content. The course instructor, instead of the student’s faculty adviser, supervises and grades this types of internship. Embedded internships are limited to 2 units and students receive a letter grade instead of the usual P/F.
Embedded in a Gallatin Course
: These types of internships have a very specific, academic agenda. Their purpose is for students to experience or practice specific research (e.g. science labs, data collection) linked to their academic fields of interest. These internships are geared toward graduate students or undergraduate students interested in working in science or social science organizations. Student can enroll for 1-4 units, depending on academic workload determined by faculty adviser and student. Research Internship
What do you hope to learn through your internship? Address two or more of the following objectives, keeping in mind that these may change throughout the semester
Expanding knowledge or testing theories (furthering your education in a field)
Gain professional skills (i.e. teamwork, communication, etc)
Build specific technical knowledge or skill sets within a field
Explore an industry or a field (i.e. see what it’s like to work in a specific sort of setting)
Develop a professional network
If other objectives, please specify