Please fill out this online form completely. After the guest lecturer request has been approved, we will send more details about the payment process. Please note the following limitations and restrictions:
- Instructors may request up to two guest lecturers per term. A request for an additional lecturer must be approved by the curriculum chair.
- The request should be submitted at least two weeks in advance of the scheduled lecture. It is recommended that course instructors not finalize arrangements with the lecturer until budgetary approval has been obtained.
- Compensation varies depending upon the length of the class/lecture.
- Instructors are the sole sponsors for their respective Guest Lecturers and are thereby responsible for ensuring that all University health and safety requirements are satisfied prior to the lecture date. Instructions for NYU's health and safety requirements can be found here.
- Please make sure to enter the correct email address information and the spelling of your guest's name in order to avoid delays in processing time.
When lecturer can expect payment
If the lecturer is currently employed by NYU, either as full time faculty, adjunct faculty or staff, the payment will be processed through the NYU Payroll office and will appear in their regular NYU pay check. Payment can be expected approximately 1-2 payment cycles after the date of the lecture. Please note that we are unable to compensate full time Gallatin faculty for guest lecturing in other Gallatin courses. If you do plan to ask a Gallatin full-time faculty member to lecture to your course, or have question about any of the above, please contact Joanna Melendez.
Please submit your request for guest lecturers in using the guest lecturer form. Shortly after your guest lecturer has been approved, the guest will receive an e-mail from NYU i-Buy instructing them to fill out an online form. This form is an invitation to register as a vendor in the NYU system. Please note that this form replaces the need for W-9 forms to pay guests.
Payment will be processed after we confirm that the lecture took place and your guest lecturer’s online form has been submitted and then approved within the NYU system.
In most cases, payment can be expected within approximately 3-4 weeks.
For people in the EU, see information on your privacy rights under GDPR.